CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Target Catcher



Every year, I watch fantasy owners make the same mistake over and over again. Well, one of them is to never pay for saves, and the other? Drafting catchers high up top. Last year in some of my fantasy leagues, I saw owners taking Victor Martinez and Russell Martin basically in the second round, which was not worth it at all as we know how V-Mart turned out and Martin not playing up to the value where he was drafted. While I found a gem in Ryan Doumit last year who was my #1 catcher and propelled me to the finals in my Head-2-Head fantasy league. 

I'll get straight to the point. Ramon Hernandez is my target this year and will be an excellent catcher for the fantasy season. The type of catcher that will net you very good return on investment. Although Hernandez is turning 33 this year he still contributes alot ot the table. Looking at his past seasons he has shown that he is capable of hitting 20 homers and driving in a good number of rbis. He will not hit for a high average as his career average shows that he normally hits .253. 

So why am I high on him?

He is on a stacked reds lineup. This team is young and dangerous, with excellent hitters featuring Bruce, Phillips, Votto,Keppinger, Tavares, and Encarnacion. Hernandez is also a good contact hitter as he doesnt strikeout alot as indicated by his history. The Great American Ball Park is a hitters park, players simply love hitting in this field and it will only be beneficial to Hernandez as he will definitely see a rise in his numbers.

My projection: 129 Games, 71 Runs, 23 HR , 85 rbi, .270 avg

0 comments: